We are super excited about this dish! We made it up and it came up great! Normally we avoid all oil. There is some oil in the sausage and we used a bit of EVOO spray. When you cannot avoid oil, then limit it. Lets dive into it.
- 3 Color Pictsweet Peppers & Onions Frozen
- 2 sticks of celery
- Kings Trumpet Mushrooms
- Old Bay Seasoning
- EVOO Spray
- Vegan Sausage (No Pea Protein Isolates or Soy Protein Isolates)
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes
- Vegan Butter (No Pea Protein Isolates or Soy Protein Isolates)
- Tony Chachere’s Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Brown or Cauliflower Rice
That is it. Not much here. Minimal oil. Now finding a good vegan sausage without Isolates (Why not isolates? raises Breast Cancer Risk and recurrence levels significantly).
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper for the mushrooms.
- Setup your Wok and start cooking the 3 Color Peppers & onions. Cook till they are soft. Don’t drain the excess water (We will do that later).
3. Add cut celery to mix. Open your can of Rotel, drain and add to mix and simmer.
4. While this is simmering. Get your King’s Trumpet Mushrooms and pull then apart from the Mushroom tops. Cut them cross ways only once our twice. You want pulled chunks. Once you are done they should look like this:
5. Season them on a bowl with Old Bay seasoning and lay on parchment paper on your pan. Bake for 10 minutes @ 400.
6. Pull out the pan of mushrooms. Cut your sausage and add onto the pan with the mushrooms and put back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
7. remove pan and add mushrooms & sausage to your wok. Add the Tony’s and Italian Seasoning. Stir and let simmer while you cook the cauliflower rice. It takes about 5 minutes for two bags of steamed cauliflower rice which is enough time for this dish to finish. Get your bowl of Cauliflower Rice:
Down! Season more if needed or use Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Sauce like I do. Hands down one of our favorite dishes!